Free Pre-Forum Workshop @ DPE Building (04 DECEMBER 2017):
Transforming your research idea into a business opportunity (50 Seats).
Registration for the workshop is open.
The purpose of this workshop is to:
- Help participants understand the process, challenges, risks and rewards of starting up a new scalable venture
- Equip them with the tools required to start their own business
- Improve their chances of successfully starting their own business
Who should attend:
Senior executives, strategists, innovation managers, entrepreneurs, consultants , researchers , R&D Professionals , R&D Administrators ; anyone looking for hands-on tools to apply to their business models. We welcome participants at any level of experience with our methodology, from beginner to advanced.
This is one day workshop. During the workshop sessions, the facilitator will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the relevant elements of the participants’ business plans and provide detailed feedback on how to improve the plan, with a focus on developing a business plan that can be presented to investors. Workshop sessions will include multiple mini-presentations, exercises, discussions and idea sharing to enable participants to transform their business ideas into an actionable business plan.
Key topic 1- Value proposition and innovation
- What problem are we solving for customers?
- What is innovative about our product or service?
- How better is our solution compared with existing solutions?
Key topic 2 – Market identification, analysis and competitive strategy
- who is our customer?
- Select target markets and customers;
- Analyze the market, including customers and competitors;
- Position and differentiate products and services from the competition;
- Develop and implement sales, marketing and distribution strategies;
- Create sustainable competitive advantage for their business;
Key topic 3 – Fundraising and financing
- Raise investment funds to support the growth of their business;
- Forecast the financial performance of their business and calculate the valuation; and,
- How to estimate return on investment (ROI) and social impact.