Dr. Athari Alotaibi
Vice Dean for Scientific Research
- Ph. Athari Al-Otaibi has more than 17 years experience in healthcare and health research management.
- Now, Ph. Athari is a director for Science and technology unit in Ministry of Health, Saudi Arabia since Aug 2017.
- Also, Ph. Athari is the director general of the general directorate for research and Studies, Ministry of Health, Saudi Arabia since May, 2018.
- Ph. Athari leads main projects in MOH, for example but not limited to, Setting MOH Research Priorities, capability building program in 2018 by training for 638 candidates, academic collaboration program between MOH and universities aiming for executing 43 research projects.
- As a leading ambitious person, she leads the general directorate for research and studies in MOH to establish the comprehensive guideline for research management, electronic research database MOH research award program and E-Review system for submission and reviewing health research and clinical trials.
- Ph. Athari is strongly involved in the development of IRB in different health directorate regions among KSA, consequently she succeeded to unify SOPs of all IRB within MOH.
- PH. Athari believes about the role of scientific research to improve and enhance the welfare for the Saudi citizen and the prosperity for KSA.
- Now she actively works to attract the Saudi capabilities in health research and utilizing their efforts to improve MOH health research environment.